vineri, 14 octombrie 2011

How can i get a free credit report St. Louis


how can i get a free credit report St. Louis

I don think it will hurt me in the long run though.

In your situation, it probably wont hurt to close a card. I do recommend keeping at how can i get a free credit report St. Louis least one card though, for emergencies or rewards. Another option is to keep a how can i get a free credit report St. Louis line open instead of closing it, but have the limit reduced to the lowest possible.

Either way, with no outstanding debt and a clean history, your credit score is probably very good. I havent canceled my longest standing (or my wifes longest standing) credit cards for just that reason.

We never use them, but they give our credits a nice long history. I am in the process of canceling some unnecessary cards that weve only had for 4 or 5 years, though.

For example, we switched our insurance companies and no longer need the rewards card that we were using to pay our insurance through. To illustrate the point we ran a correlation of credit scores by the how can i get a free credit report St. Louis age of our users and you can clearly see that younger people have lower how can i get a free credit report St. Louis scores on average. The result support that the age of your credit lines is an important factor is credit scores. Take a look: http://blog.creditkarma.com/credit-scores/relationship-between-age-and-credit-scores/ Great post!

Like you, I too discovered the hard way that closing credit card accounts will not help my credit score. free credit report federal It seemed logical that closing an account I dont use would be the responsible thing to do, but not so, as far as the credit score how can i get a free credit report St. Louis algorithms would have it.

Another reason that how can i get a free credit report St. Louis closing cards can be a bad idea is that youre lowering the amount of credit available to you (total of your credit limits) and depending on the amount of debt you continue to carry, this can look like youre overextending yourself. It can be how can i get a free credit report St. Louis a bit confusing, but it has to do the amounts owed portion of your score, which accounts for roughly 30%. I just how can i get a free credit report St. Louis wrote a blog entry about this if youre looking for more info: http://tinyurl.com/4p6slg Hey Ryan I cant second this enough. The only thing that she is consistently dinged on is length of credit history and she has 5 years of it. Considering she is 25, thats not that short a history, but short enough to where closing any of her long running accounts could how can i get a free credit report St. free credit score reports Louis absolutely hurt her credit badly.

You might need to check not only your credit score, but your credit report as well.

I applied for a credit card once, never how can i get a free credit report St. Louis got it ( someone might have checked my mail how can i get a free credit report St. Louis for me, if you know what I am saying), then called the company and thought I had cancelled it. I checked my credit report one year later and I did see the credit card. I recently how can i get a free credit report St. Louis had one of my longtime cards closed by how can i get a free credit report St. Louis the store (Sears) because of lack of how can i get a free credit report St. Louis use, I hadnt used it in over how can i get a free credit report St. Louis 10 years. So this is going to hurt a score that isnt great right now how can i get a free credit report St. Louis to begin with because it is a long account as well as lowering the available credit. Lowering your available credit can be a good thing if you have too how can i get a free credit report St. Louis much credit available, but it can also be bad if you have outstanding debt because it raises your utilization rate. Ideally you want zero%, but a rate of 30% or lower isnt too bad. Canceling a 10 year old line of credit can hurt a little, especially if your other lines of credit are relatively new. The average age how can i get a free credit report St. Louis of credit is taken into account in the FICO scores. free credit report history

Keep plugging away and your scores will continue to rise. when i learned about the credit history thing, i started not to close my unused credit cards, i just hope that this do good to me Too much available credit can be a bad thing? As in, the more available, the more it shows youre responsible and not running up debt. I live in Canada, but I imagine the same thing would apply here. Would you mind telling how can i get a free credit report St. Louis how much it dropped your score, if you know? Ive got a card Im not using that Ive been thinking about closing, but Id love to be able to estimate how much its going to hurt me. Richard, I dont know exactly how much more score dropped, but average length of credit history accounts for 15% of your score.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu